We are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join our team. This is a great opportunity to join a young and energetic firm with a high degree of technical knowledge and large growth potential. From day one, you will be coached by senior structural engineers and will work collaboratively on a variety of projects to develop your engineering skills.
Your main tasks will be:
- Provide input into the technical directives of the company and play a supporting role to the directors in providing technical assistance to the engineering staff
- Support the directors in defining the company culture and play a key role in its development and implementation
- Take on a supporting and mentoring role to junior and intermediate level engineers in their professional development
- Manage and review junior and intermediate level engineers within the company including regular reviews and assistance throughout the lifetime of a project
- Be accountable for the quality of work produced by junior and intermediate level engineers.
- Prepare structural design packages including calculations, specifications and drawings from the conceptual stage through to the completion of detailed design
- Co-ordinate with other project consultants (architect, services, contractors, quantity surveyors etc) to incorporate all relative information into the design
- Provide support to engineers by assisting in the preparation of the structural drawing package throughout a projects lifetime
- Work collaboratively with engineers and other staff to ensure design documentation is issued in accordance with the project programme
- Work concurrently on several design projects
- Actively seek relevant project opportunities to broaden and develop your engineering skills
- Actively seek and attend external technical meetings, seminars and conferences for continuing professional development and work towards becoming CPENG.
- Ensure conformance to Enovate’s quality standards and checklists
- Complete timesheets within the required timeframe
- Actively participate in Annual Performance Reviews
- Observe and practice Enovate’s Health and Safety policy
- Any other duties as directed from time to time by the employer
You are a motivated Senior Structural Engineer looking for a challenge and the opportunity to develop your strong technical skills. You will play an integral part of the design team which will allow you to use your knowledge while learning from experts in the industry. To apply for this position, the required attributes are:
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in civil engineering or equivalent
- 6 – 10 years of Structural Engineering experience
- Experience working in New Zealand
- Excellent knowledge of NZ Standards, codes and legislation
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Client focus in delivering projects
- Strong focus on professional development
- You must hold a New Zealand Work Visa
Who we are
Enovate provides value to our clients through excellence and innovation in structural design. We recognise that the goals and objectives for each project are unique and we are committed to adding value through clear and robust communication with clients and the design team. Our extensive knowledge of structural systems, materials, the construction industry and modern structural design methods, ensures that Enovate can provide high-value designs.
Why work with us
The Directors of Enovate come from different backgrounds and have varying skillsets yet strongly agree on a common company vision and culture.
Firstly, we agreed upon the importance of company culture in itself and how it needed to reflect the core values that we live by on a daily basis. Integrity, passion and consistency are important for us to produce quality work but it is comradery that we are ultimately striving to achieve in the workplace.
We want the atmosphere in the office to be where people look forward to coming to work on a Monday morning to challenge the ping pong champion from last week or having a beer on a Friday night to discuss weekend plans. You spend more of your life at work than you do at home, so you might as well work with friends rather than with people you don’t get along with.
To apply to this position, send an email to: email@example.com