About the role
We are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to be an Associate Director of Enovate to join our team. This is a great opportunity to join a young and energetic firm with a high degree of technical knowledge and large growth potential.
Your main tasks will be:
- Provide input into the technical directives of the company and work alongside the directors in providing technical assistance to the engineering staff
- Work alongside the directors in defining the company culture and play a key role in its development and implementation
- Attend weekly and quarterly management meetings to discuss future workflow, provide input and make management decisions in the business and discuss financials.
- Take on a supporting and mentoring role to junior and intermediate level engineers in their professional development
- Manage and review junior and intermediate level engineers within the company including regular reviews and assistance throughout the lifetime of a project
- Be accountable for the quality of work produced by junior and intermediate level engineers.
- Prepare structural design packages including calculations, specifications and drawings from the conceptual stage through to the completion of detailed design
- Co-ordinate with other project consultants (architect, services, contractors, quantity surveyors etc) to incorporate all relative information into the design
- Provide support to engineers by assisting in the preparation of the structural drawing package throughout a project’s lifetime
- Work collaboratively with engineers and other staff to ensure design
documentation is issued in accordance with the project programme
- Work concurrently on several design projects
- Actively seek relevant project opportunities to broaden and develop your engineering skills
- Actively seek and attend external technical meetings, seminars and conferences for continuing professional development and be CPENG registered.
- Must be registered with the Auckland council and able to sign off producer statements.
- Ensure conformance to Enovate’s quality standards and checklists
- Complete timesheets within the required timeframe
- Actively participate in Annual Performance Reviews
- Observe and practice Enovate’s Health and Safety policy
- Any other duties as directed from time to time by the employer
You are a motivated Senior Structural Engineer / Associate Director looking for a challenge and the opportunity to develop your strong technical skills. You will play an integral part of the design team which will allow you to use your knowledge while learning from experts in the industry. To apply for this position, the required attributes are:
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in civil engineering or equivalent
- 6+ years of Structural Engineering experience
- Experience working in New Zealand
- Excellent knowledge of NZ Standards, codes and legislation
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Client focus in delivering projects
- Strong focus on professional development
- You must hold a New Zealand Work Visa
Why work with us
The Directors of Enovate come from different backgrounds and have varying skillsets yet strongly agree on a common company vision and culture.
To achieve this vision, we promote the values of empathy, integrity, passion,
comradery, dedication and open – mindedness. We strive for a culture where all members of our team enjoy coming to work for a new professional challenge and to share / socialise with the rest of the team. We encourage and support good work – life balance and flexibility. The directors are easy-going and are keen to ensure that everyone in the team has a voice.
Being a young business, there is plenty of opportunity for career progression and to promote/shape the culture of the company. The applicant should be excited and motivated by this challenge/opportunity.