Your main tasks will be:
- Work in teams on large residential/hotels up to 10 storey’s framed in concrete, steel and more recently CLT (Cross Laminated Timber) to low rise commercial projects on large floor plates
- To manage the structural drafting on projects ensuring the highest quality in accordance with expected Enovate standards.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the company drafting libraries and standards
- Take on a supporting and mentoring role to graduate and intermediate level draftspeople in their development
- Develop drafting procedures (and families) for alternative material such as prefabricated timber buildings
- Manage and review junior and intermediate level draftspeople within the company including regular reviews and assistance throughout the lifetime of a project
- Provide structural drafting on specific projects producing comprehensive drawing packages both in 2D CAD and 3D Revit packages
- Work collaboratively with engineering staff and other design draftspeople to ensure design documentation is issued in accordance with the project programme
- Work closely with directors to ensure work load is manageable and appropriate
- Be responsible for document control for both drawings and other project documents
You are a motivated Senior Structural Draftsperson looking for a challenge and the opportunity to extend and/or apply their extensive technical skills. You will be an integral part of the design team and will get to work with experts in the industry. To apply for this position, the required attributes are:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in structural drafting (with a minimum of 2 in Revit).
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills and ability to manage and mentor more junior staff.
- Client focus in delivering projects
- Strong focus on professional development
- You must hold a New Zealand Work Visa