We are seeking a Junior and Intermediate Structural Draftsperson to join our team. This is a great opportunity to join a young and energetic firm with plenty of structural engineering knowledge and big growth potential. From day one you will be a highly valued member of the team and will be immersed in a broad range of projects.
Your main tasks will be:
- Work in teams on large residential/hotels up to 10 storey’s framed in concrete, steel and more recently CLT (Cross Laminated Timber) to low rise commercial projects on large floor plates
- Provide structural drafting on specific projects producing comprehensive drawing packages both in 2D CAD and 3D Revit packages
- Work collaboratively with engineering staff and other design draftspeople to ensure design documentation is issued in accordance with the project programme
- Be responsible for document control for both drawings and other project documents
- Co-ordinate with other project consultants (architect, services, contractors, quantity surveyors etc) to incorporate all relative information into the design
- Work closely with your mentor to ensure workload is manageable and appropriate
You are a motivated Junior or Intermediate Draftsperson looking for a challenge and the opportunity to extend and/or apply their extensive technical skills. You will be an integral part of the design team and will get to work with experts in the industry. To apply for this position, the required attributes are:
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in structural drafting (with a minimum of 1 in Revit).
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills and ability to manage and mentor more junior staff.
- Client focus on delivering projects
- Strong focus on professional development
- You must hold a New Zealand Work Visa
Who we are
Enovate provides value to our clients through excellence and innovation in structural design. We recognise that the goals and objectives for each project are unique and we are committed to adding value through clear and robust communication with clients and the design team. Our extensive knowledge of structural systems, materials, the construction industry and modern structural design methods, ensures that Enovate can provide high-value designs.
Why work with us
The Directors of Enovate come from different backgrounds and have varying skill sets yet strongly agree on a common company vision and culture.
Firstly, we agreed upon the importance of company culture in itself and how it needed to reflect the core values that we live by on a daily basis. Integrity, passion and consistency are important for us to produce quality work but it is comradery that we are ultimately striving to achieve in the workplace.
We want the atmosphere in the office to be where people look forward to coming to work on a Monday morning to challenge the ping pong champion from last week or having a beer on a Friday night to discuss weekend plans. You spend more of your life at work than you do at home, so you might as well work with friends rather than with people you don’t get along with.
To apply to this position, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org